Table Toppers Delhi Capitals and Chennai Superkings will be up against each other in match number 50 of IPL 2021 on October 4th in Dubai. The match will be played at Dubai International Cricket stadium.
Both the teams have played some excellent cricket in both phases and are certainly better than rest of the teams. DC and CSK both have already qualified for playoffs and now fighting for top 2 positions. Both the team would like to win this game and clinch top position in the points table.
Rishabh Pant-led Delhi Capitals have won 9 of the 12 games played so far whereas CSK too are on top in the points table with 9 wins in 12 matches. They are marginally ahead of DC in terms of NRR.
CSK’s batting is in red hot form and they are posting good totals in every game. They posted a huge total in previous game too but it was chased by RR who put on some terrific show on display in Abu Dhabi. For CSK overseas bowling option can be counted as a slight issue if DJ bravo doesn’t play. Sam Curran is out of rhythm and has been a bit expensive in last two games. Josh Hazlewood too went for runs in last game. It will be interesting to see if Dhoni goes with same team and rest his lead bowlers in this game too.
Delhi on the other hand won a close game against Defending Champions and are looking strong contenders for IPL 2021 trophy. They have the best bowling attack in IPL 2021 and everyone is contributing to team success. Openers form is a concern for them but it has been overshadowed by middle-order performance. Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant, Shimron Hetmyer are in good touch and have performed well so far.
- Ruturaj Gaikwad is in the form of life and has been amazing throughout IPL 2021. He scored a brilliant century in last match and is second-highest run-getter in this year’s IPL. He would like to continue his dream run and give another solid start to CSK.
- Faf Du Plessis is also in great touch and has given CSK solid starts along with Ruturaj. Both have added quick 50 runs for first wicket in most of the games except in match against MI. Faf has scored 331 runs against DC.
- Ravindra Jadeja‘s batting has improved significantly in last two seasons and he is doing the finishers’ role in this CSK side. He scored quick 32 runs in just 15 balls and gave CSK’s innings a solid finish. He has also bowled well so far.
- Shardul Thakur has been the best bowler for CSK. He has picked 13 wickets in IPL 2021.
- Anrich Nortje has troubled batters with his variations so far in second leg of IPL 2021. He has the ability to bowl at any stage of the game and is good with execution of yorkers. He has picked 6 wickets in 4 matches.
- Avesh Khan has impressed everyone with his consistent performance in IPL 2021. He has picked 21 wickets so far and is second highest wicket taker in the season. He gave a match-winning performance in last match would look to repeat it once again.
- UAE wickets are suiting Axar Patel’s style of bowling. The left warmer has picked 12 wickets in 8 games. He won man of the match award in last game for his brilliant bowling in Sharjah.
- Shreyas Iyer and Rishabh Pant both are in good form and have batted well in second leg. Shreyas played a match-winning knock in last game whereas Pant added crucial 26 runs. They both would like to continue the good run and score big in this game. Pant averages 47.40 against CSK.
DC VS CSK Head to Head
CSK’s one of the two losses came against Delhi Capitals when they lost their first match of IPL 2021. Delhi Capitals chased down CSK’s 188 in just 18.4 overs. Batting first CSK scored 188 runs for the loss of 7 wickets. Suresh Raina scored a quick fifty while other middle-order batsmen played useful cameos. DC had an amazing start to the chase as Prithvi Shaw and Shikhar Dhawan added 138 runs for first wicket in just 14 overs. Prithvi Shaw scored 72 while Shikhar made 85 runs.
- Head to Head
- CSK – 15
- DC – 9
Dubai’s pitch has been sluggish in last few game and same can be expected for this match. Teams would look to bowl first after winning the toss.
CSK Complete Squad:
Suresh Raina, MS Dhoni (c), Narayan Jagadeesabn, Ruturaj Gaikwad, KM Asif, Karn Sharma, Ambati Rayudu, Deepak Chahar, Faf du Plessis, Shardul Thakur, Mitchell Santner, Dwayne Bravo, Lungi Ngidi, Sam Curran, Ravindra Jadeja, Imran Tahir, Robin Uthappa, Moeen Ali, K Gowtham, Cheteshwar Pujara, M.Harisankar Reddy, K.Bhagath Varma, C Hari Nishaanth, R Sai Kishore
Shreyas Iyer, Ajinkya Rahane, Amit Mishra, Avesh Khan, Axar Patel, Ishant Sharma, Kagiso Rabada, Prithvi Shaw, Ravichandran Ashwin, Rishabh Pant, Shikhar Dhawan, Lalit Yadav, Marcus Stoinis, Shimron Hetmyer, Anrich Nortje, Steve Smith, Umesh Yadav, Ripal Patel, Lukman Hussain Meriwala, M Siddharth, Tom Curran, Sam Billings, Pravin Dubey, Vishnu Vinod.
Probable Playing XI
CSK – Ruturaj Gaikwad, Faf du Plessis, Moeen Ali, Suresh Raina, Ambati Rayudu, MS Dhoni, Ravindra Jadeja, Deepak Chahar, Dwayne Bravo, Shardul Thakur, Sam Curran/Josh Hazlewood.
DC – Prithvi Shaw, Shikhar Dhawan, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant (c & wk), Shimron Hetmyer, Steve Smith, Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Kagiso Rabada, Avesh Khan, Anrich Nortje.
Dream 11 Prediction DC VS CSK
For all latest cricket news, updates, live scores and cricket fixtures, log on to https://cricangel.com. You can choose to like us on Facebook or Subscribe to our YouTube Channel otherwise You can also opt to follow us on Instagram or Twitter.