After 61 T20s and 51 days in two phases, IPL 2021 has come down to its last match. CSK and KKR will lock horns against each other in the final of fourteenth edition of Indian Premier League. The action will take place at Dubai International Stadium in Dubai.
CSK were one of the top two teams in league stage games and they stunned everyone by beating table topper Delhi Capitals in the qualifier one. Before this game, CSK had faced defeat against Delhi Capitals in their last 4 encounters. When the game seemed to be drifting away from their grip, Chennai SuperKings skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni played an excellent cameo to finish the game and scored the winning runs. Going into the finals, this is an excellent boost for the team. Ruturaj Gaikwad and Robin Uthappa played excellent innings in the qualifier. CSK’s bowling department have also performed well so far though there are few concerns as well. Deepak Chahar hasn’t looked into rhythm while DJ Bravo’s fitness is also an issue.
Kolkata Knight Riders have been exceptional in second leg of the tournament. They have lost only two matches in this leg. One of the defeats came against CSK. They are coming into the finals on the back off three back-to-back wins and are high on confidence. Andre Russell is also fit now and will be a big boost for them going into the finals. Top-notch performances from both the openers and the bowlers have been the reason for their success. All have been consistent throughout the UAE leg and would hope to perform well one last time in IPL 2021. Ferguson, Narine, Varun, and Shivam all have been economical as well wicket-takers. This season has refreshed the memories of IPL 2012. KKR had a similar campaign at that time and they won their first IPL trophy beating CSK in the finals. They would like to do it once again and win their third IPL title.
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf Du Plessis have given CSK a solid start in most of the matches and this has been one of the reasons behind CSK’s success in IPL 2021. Ruturaj Gaikwad won player of the match award in qualifier match for his 50 ball 70 runs innings. He has been phenomenal in this season and would look to play another big innings. Faf Du Plessis has scored 547 runs in this season while Ruturaj has scored 603 runs. He is just 23 runs behind orange cap holder of the season.
- Robin Uthappa played a game-changing innings in last match. He came to bat in first over after CSK lost first wicket early. Uthappa scored 63 runs in just 44 balls and provided CSK the much-needed momentum. Can he back it up with another solid inning?
- DJ Bravo is one of the most lethal bowlers when it comes to death overs bowling. He uses the slower ball variations very efficiently and keeps things tight in 16-20th over phase. He has played number of finals for CSK and has done well everytime. Bravo can be a threat for KKR in the finals.
- Shardul Thakur has picked 18 wickets for CSK this season. Shardul is more than handy with the bat as well and has the ability to hit big. He missed out on the opportunity of winning IPL 2019 when Chennai needed 2 runs of the last ball. Can he give a match winning performance this time?
- V Iyer and Shubman Gill have been superb throughout the second leg of IPL 2021. V Iyer who is playing his first IPL has impressed everyone with his consistent performance. Both the KKR openers gave an excellent start in previous game and took the game away from DC. Iyer has scored three fifties in this leg whereas Shubman has also scored two half-centuries.
- Rahul Tripathi hit the match-winning six in qualifier 2 when KKR were under huge pressure. He has been in good touch in this leg and has scored 395 runs in IPL 2021.
- Andre Russell has recovered from his injury and is available to play in the finals. Russell is one of the dangerous players when it comes to T20 cricket and has the ability to demolish any bowling attack. He played an excellent innings when both these teams met in first leg of the tournament. Russell averages 42.86 against CSK. Can he deliver a match-winning performance in the finals?
- Varun Chakravarthy and Sunil Narine have bowled economically so far. Both the spinners have troubled batsmen and have not allowed to score runs freely in powerplay overs. Can they stop Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis? Varun has picked 5 wickets against Chennai whereas Narine has 18 wickets.
CSK vs KKR Head To Head
- CSK – 15
- KKR – 8
- NR – 1
Pitch in Dubai has something to offer for both the batters and the bowlers. Pacers get help from the wicket with the new ball and batting becomes easy as the game progresses. Team would look to win the toss and bowl first as chasing teams have better record in Dubai.
CSK Probable playing 11
Ruturaj Gaikwad, Faf du Plessis, Moeen Ali, Robin Uthappa, Ambati Rayudu, MS Dhoni, Ravindra Jadeja, Deepak Chahar, Dwayne Bravo, Shardul Thakur, Josh Hazlewood.
KKR Probable Playing XI
Venkatesh Iyer, Nitish Rana, Shubman Gill, Rahul Tripathi, Eoin Morgan (c), Andre Russell, Dinesh Karthik (wk), Sunil Narine, Lockie Ferguson, Shivam Mavi, Varun Chakravarthy
Dream 11 Prediction CSK vs KKR
For all the latest cricket news, updates, live scores, and cricket fixtures log on to https://cricangel.com. You can choose to like us on Facebook or Subscribe to our YouTube Channel otherwise You can also opt to follow us on Instagram or Twitter.