Rajasthan Royals will locks horns with Royal Challengers Bangalore in their second encounter of IPL 2021 on September 29. The match will be played at Dubai International Stadium in Dubai.
Royal Challengers Bangalore are in search of their first IPL trophy and their performance has significantly improved in last two years. They won five games in first leg of the tournament and are in strong contention for the playoffs. They earned the first win of second leg in last game against defending champions Mumbai Indians are in top 4. They gave an all-round performance and won the game by a huge margin of 51 runs. They would look to continue the momentum and win another game.
Rajasthan Royals on the other hand are coming off two back-to-back losses. This will be like a knockout game for them as one more loss would rule them out of playoffs contention. Their batting has been the issue for them so far as only skipper Sanju Samson have scored runs consistently. Bowlers have done a decent job but they need support from batters.
- Skipper Virat Kohli is back in form and has scored two back-to-back 50s in last two games. He has gotten out immediately after reaching 50 in both the games and would be disappointed with this. He would like to give his team a good start and score big in this match. Virat Kohli has 554 runs against RR.
- Glenn Maxwell scored a brilliant half-century in last game and gave match-winning performance with both bat and the ball. He scored 56 runs in just 37 balls and also picked 2/23 in 4 overs.
- Ab de Villiers has looked off so far in this second leg. He scored a century in RCB’s intra squad practice game but hasn’t shown that form in matches so far. He averages 46.29 against RR.
- Harshal Patel is having a dream run in IPL 2021. Purple cap holder has picked 23 wickets so far. He also grabbed a hattrick in last match against MI and sealed the match for his team. He has used slower ball variations perfectly and would look to do same in this game.
- Evin Lewis and Yashasvi Jaiswal needs to give a solid start at the top. Lewis is one of the most dangerous players in T20 cricket and have the ability to play big innings. RR would hope for a blistering start from them in this must-win game. Jaiswal is also in good form and has played two good knocks.
- Skipper Sanju Samson scored two back-to-back half-centuries now and is in top 3 run-getters of the season. His record against RCB is very poor and he would definitely look to improve it in this game.
- Mahipal Lomror has also done well in the three matches so far. He scored quick runs against PBKS and played a decent knock in last match. He has also bowled well so far.
- Mustafizur Rahman and Chetan Sakaria have bowled so far. They both have picked wickets at different stages of the game and are in a good rhythm. They both have picked 11 wickets each.
RCB VS RR Head to Head
RCB were at their absolute best last time these two team faced each other. Royal Challengers Bangalore won the first game between these two teams by 10 wickets. RR gave RCB a target of 178 runs. The duo of Virat Kohli and Devdutt Padikkal chased down the target without losing single wicket. Padikkal scored 101*, while skipper Kohli remained not out at 72. For RCB Siraj and Harshal Patel picked three wickets each.
- Head to Head
- RR – 10
- RCB – 11
Pitch here in Dubai is better for batting than that in Abu Dhabi and Sharjah. There is some assistance for pacers early in the innings and then batting becomes easier as the game progresses.
IPL 2021 SQUADS
Sanju Samson, Riyan Parag, Shreyas Gopal, Rahul Tewatia, Mahipal Lomror, Kartik Tyagi, Jaydev Unadkat, Mayank Markande, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Anuj Rawat, David Miller, Manan Vohra, Shivam Dube, Chris Morris, Mustafizur Rahim, Chetan Sakariya, K.C. Cariappa, Kuldip Yadav, Liam Livingstone, Akash Singh, Glenn Phillips, Tabraiz Shamsi, Oshane Thomas, Evin Lewis.
Royal Challengers Bangalore
Virat Kohli (C), AB de Villiers, Glenn Maxwell, Mohammed Azharuddeen, Devdutt Padikkal, Mohammed Siraj, Navdeep Saini, Kyle Jamieson, Pavan Deshpande, Shahbaz Ahmed, Yuzvendra Chahal, Daniel Sams, Harshal Patel, Sachin Baby, Rajat Patidar, Dan Christian, Suyash Prabhudesai, KS Bharat, Wanindu Hasranga, Dushmantha Chameera, Tim David, George Garton.
Probable Playing XI
RCB – Virat Kohli (C), Devdutt Padikkal, AB de Villiers, Glenn Maxwell, KS Bharat, Shahbaz Ahmed, Yuzvendra Chahal, George Garton/Dan Christian, Harshal Patel, Mohammed Siraj, Kyle Jamieson.
RR – Evin lewis, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Sanju Samson (c & wk), Liam Livingstone, Riyan Parag, Mahipal Lomror, Rahul Tewatia, Chris Morris, Chetan Sakariya, Mustafizur Rahman, Jaydev Unadkat
RR VS RCB Dream 11 Prediction
For all the latest cricket news, updates, live scores, and cricket fixtures log on to https://cricangel.com. You can choose to like us on Facebook or Subscribe to our YouTube Channel otherwise You can also opt to follow us on Instagram or Twitter.