Shikhar Dhawan and his men were too good for the new-look Sri Lankan side in the first ODI of the series. Captain Dhawan anchored the run chase as he remained unbeaten at 86 to ensure a 1-0 lead for India. Debutant Ishan Kishan also scored a brilliant 59, but it was the opener Prithvi Shaw, who stole the limelight at the start with a brisk 43. On a batting-friendly wicket, bowlers did a wonderful job to restrict the home side for 262 in the first innings. Kuldeep Yadav, Deepak Chahar, Yuzvendra Chahal grabbed 2 wickets each for the game. Pandya brothers too shared 1 wicket apiece. The Indian team will take a lot of confidence going into the 2nd ODI with an aim to seal the series.
Sri Lanka started the game with a steady opening partnership, most of their batsman got the starts but none of them could get a big score to push for a mammoth first innings total. Avishka Fernando, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, captain Dasun Shanaka, Chamika Karunaratne all looked good for their short stay at the crease. Bowlers couldn’t really stop the Indian rampage however Sri Lanka would have to look at the positives and make a rather quick turnaround as the two teams meet for the second ODI at the same venue on Tuesday.
- Shikhar Dhawan– The Indian skipper scored an unbeaten 86 and guided India over the finishing line. Against Sri Lanka, the left-hander has scored 1069 runs from 17 matches at an astonishing average of 76.35.
- Kuldeep Yadav– Coming back into the team after a long time, Kuldeep picked up the crucial wickets of Bhanuka Rajapaksha and Minod Bhanuka in the nine overs he bowled. Kuldeep bowled a maiden as well and had an economy rate of 5.30.
- Prithvi Shaw– The player of the match in the first ODI showed glimpses of Virender Sehwag in the way he demolished the Sri Lankan bowlers in the first powerplay and the second ODI he’ll look to inflict the same punishment.
- Dhananjaya de Silva- The all-rounder was the best bowler for Sri Lanka in the last ODI picking up 2 wickets while bowling at an average of 25 and an economy rate of 9.80, but he would love to score some runs with the bat in the coming ODI.
- Lakshan Sandakan– The chinaman although picked only one wicket but certainly created enough doubts in the Indian batsman’s mind. Sandakan on a slow-turner will be very important for Sri Lanka’s chances.
- Dasun Shanaka– The captain looked good for his short stay at the crease however he’ll be looking to score at a quicker pace as his 39 runs came at a strike rate of 78 which is not what he’s known for.
Stats (SL vs IND)
- Head-to-Head – 160
- Sri Lanka – 56
- India – 92
- Shikhar Dhawan completed 6000 runs in ODI cricket in the first ODI.
- Chasing has been a preferred option in R. Premadasa Stadium as the chasing team has won 18 of 36 games.
Pitch Report (SL vs IND)
The pitch at the R. Premadasa Stadium is expected to play the same way as in the first match. The team winning the toss will choose to bat first. Wickets in hand will be the key for the batting side, as the spinners will play a key role as the match progresses.
Probable Playing XI
Sri Lanka – Avishka Fernando, Minod Bhanuka (wk), Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dhananjaya de Silva, Charith Asalanka, Dasun Shanaka (c), Wanindu Hasaranga, Chamika Karunaratne, Isuru Udana, Dushmantha Chameera, Lakshan Sandakan.
India – Shikhar Dhawan (c), Prithvi Shaw, Ishan Kishan (wk), Manish Pandey, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Deepak Chahar, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav.
Dream 11 Prediction (SL vs IND)
For all the latest cricket news, updates, live scores, and cricket fixtures log on to https://cricangel.com. You can choose to like us on Facebook or Subscribe to our YouTube Channel otherwise You can also opt to follow us on Instagram or Twitter.