Sri Lanka let the game slip away from their grip in the last game after bowling out the top 6 of the Indian team, but couldn’t close the game off which has been the case for them in recent history. Sri Lankan batters had a good outing in the last match. Avishka Fernando and Minod Bhanuka gave a solid start to the team. Charith Asalanka scored a timely fifty. Chamika Karunaratne has turned out to be a fantastic all-round player for his country with his lower-down hitting and canny bowling. With nothing to lose in the last ODI, Sri Lanka would be keen to build on the positives of the series to at least break the losing streak against India.
A sensational comeback led by Deepak Chahar with the bat in the second game helped men in a blue chase down the 276-run total and seal the series, the Shikhar Dhawan led team are likely to make a number of changes to their starting line-up With the series already won, India might look for a few changes. Devdutt Padikkal or Ruturaj Gaikwad might replace Prithvi Shaw while Sanju Samson could come in place of Ishan Kishan. Vice-captain Bhuvneshwar Kumar may well be rested too and either of Navdeep Saini or Chetan Sakariya.
- Suryakumar Yadav – The middle-order batsman scored his maiden fifty in the last game. Once again he’ll be looking to take the charge of his team during the middle phase of the game. Surya so far has looked the most organized
- Deepak Chahar – Chahar displayed his all-round ability scoring a match-winning fifty and taking 2 wickets in the series winning the encounter. This performance would’ve given a lot of confidence to Chahar.
- Shikhar Dhawan– The captain has been in good nick accumulating over 100 runs in the first 2 games of the series and would be hoping to end the series as the highest run-getter for his team.
- Chamika Karunaratne – Karunaratne knocked another quick 44 runs to help his team finish reasonably well; he also troubled Krunal with a bouncer barrage, making him a key all-round asset for Sri Lanka.
- Wanindu Hasaranga – Hasaranga has been a lone bright spot for Sri Lanka for a long time now, he’s very difficult for a batsman to pick with the ball at the same time he hasn’t done justice to his batting abilities in this series.
- Avishka Fernando – With two 30+ scores in two consecutive games, the Sri Lanka opener would be high in confidence especially after the last innings and in the final ODI, he’ll be looking to get to the three figures.
- Head to Head -161
- Sri Lanka-93
- No result- 11
- Tie- 1
- Yuzvendra Chahal is 3 shy of 100 ODI wickets.
- Sri Lanka now have lost 9 back-to-back ODI series against Sri Lanka since February 2007
A batting-friendly surface in Colombo is expected to assist the batters once again here. Spinners will always be in the play throughout the course of the game.
Sri Lanka: Avishka Fernando, Minod Bhanuka (WK), Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Charith Asalanka, Dhananjaya de Silva, Dasun Shanaka (C), Wanindu Hasaranga, Chamika Karunaratne, Dushmantha Chameera, Praveen Jayawickrama/Akila Dananjaya, and Lakshan Sandakan.
India: Shikhar Dhawan (C), Prithvi Shaw/ Devdutt Padikkal, Ishan Kishan/ Sanju Samson (WK), Manish Pandey, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Deepak Chahar, Yuzvendra Chahal/ Varun Chakravarthy, and Kuldeep Yadav.
Dream 11 Prediction
For all the latest cricket news, updates, live scores, and cricket fixtures log on to https://cricangel.com. You can choose to like us on Facebook or Subscribe to our YouTube Channel otherwise You can also opt to follow us on Instagram or Twitter.